Sunday, April 18, 2021

Come and see!

What a long strange trip its been!

When I was a teacher, the period between the end of Easter vacation and the last day of class for the year was often a mad rush to complete the curriculum and at the same time to begin to reflect on how the year went.  This school year, which began on September 8, 2020, has been, for me, the longest school year of my life! This animated map shows the timeline of how COVID spread at the beginning of last calendar year.  Schools closings, many of us sheltering in place, the rise of Zoom and at the time of this writing, 571,464 people dead from COVID in the United States...those dark and scary days of early 2020 are deeply etched in my memory!

Spread of COVID-19 in the United States.gif
Time lapse animation of COVID spread
By <

Yet, at the same time, Partnership Schools Cleveland was born with a signed agreement with then Bishop Perez on February 13, 2020, and began managing Archbishop Lyke and St. Thomas Aquinas grade schools officially on July 1, 2020.  So when I look back on these past months I also remember the joy and excitement that came into my life amidst this tragic period of history.

Holy Impatience!

Derrick Smith, a fourth grader at Archbishop Lyke, has taken us by storm!  The link below leads to you to his remarkable story...he wasn't going let a pandemic get in his way!!

 

Schedule a visit--virtual or in person!

With vaccinations in place we are beginning limited visits to our schools.  Our school day begins at 8 AM and ends at 4 PM.  On Wednesdays we have professional development for our teachers and students are dismissed at 1:30 PM. If you are not comfortable with in person visits, we can arrange a Zoom visit as well!  Please call me at 216-409-7018 or email me to arrange.  Seeing is indeed believing!!


The Truth Behind ’40 Acres and a Mule’

Henry Louis Gates wrote a brief history of this...I found it astonishing.  I had never been taught the whole story!  Click here for the story!

No comments: